HbA1c 97 (off the scale!) in January, 4 months later 48 (bottom of the scale)!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tallyhoo
    on

On A High at the moment!

Had been totally ignoring my type 2 for a while and knew my annual check in January was going to be dreadful and it was, but far worse than I had imagined. 97!!! Even my very supportive and lovely doctor said ‘blimey, you’re off the scale’……he was going to give me increased meds and fast then he saw my results a couple of years back when I had massively dropped to 46 and said I could do that again and he was right. So thrilled………….have also lost just under 2 stone……….message from doctor via receptionist – ‘results are absolutely brilliant’ – how great is that.

I had told him I was not prepared to wait for my next annual check but wanted to redo it 3 months later – was prepared for an argument – he was delighted to do that, said it costs practically nothing and it means I’m trying to take control……….

Weird thing with weight loss though is that I stick at the same weight exactly for 4-5 weeks, and I mean to the ounce and then suddenly drop 7 lbs within a week…………..very strange, never done that before………..but I don’t care. Exercising massively, feel so much trimmer and healthier and my skin is so much better – all, of course, down to eating very very low carbs and adapting my lifestyle accordingly………..up to me to continue this.

So……….keep going and be determined!!!!

• posted by caronl
    on

Congratulations! So pleased for you. And thank you for sharing the good news.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks for sharing. Think I love your doctor. Mine is great too.

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Well done Tallyhoo, I know that feeling well. I was high for days after getting my first hba1c after being on BSD for 3 months. I came down from 62 to 46 so not as great an achievement as yours but good for me. Good luck with keeping it going.

Please log in or register to post a reply.