Had dinner out, ate properly but much later than usual, gained a kilo?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jennyeb
    on

Anybody else find they ‘gain’ weight after eating out late? I was scrupulous with the carbs yet gained a kilo when I weighed myself this morning.
    I’m not too bothered about it. I know I haven’t cheated yet it would be interesting to know why this happens.
    It’ll take a day or so for the scales to settle down. I’ve already lost 11lbs in a month so getting knocked down to 9 isn’t the end of the world.
    Would love to know your thoughts/ideas!
    Jenny

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jenny, I’m guessing that the jump on the scales is related to “transit” issues. Because you had a late dinner, your
    meal was still with you this morning. The scales can really flucuate by as much as a kilo before and after “elimination”.

• posted by Jennyeb
    on

Thank you!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Any time, Jenny! My “habits” changed once I adopted the BSD lifestyle, and they were very much an every other day thing.
    I quickly got into the habit of only weighing myself every other day. I don’t mean to be crude here, but that is what gave
    me the most accurate readings. Have you been using a measuring tape, also? Some of the members here use that as
    a truer indicator of what is really happening. Stay with it and us, and you will get to where you are going. Anything and
    everything is possible. And so liberating! Best best to you,

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie, you crack me up!

• posted by alliecat
    on

That pleases me immensely, Catherine! Would you mind if I addressed you as “Cat”? It seems to suit you! I’m so happy
    that you made your way through the first week of your reboot! I continue to roam around at 3:00am, but you seem to be sleeping
    better. I do envy that 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Sure, Allie! Cat it is! I was up at 3:30 this morning too. It is really my norm because I fall asleep so early. I wear myself out!

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s the “witching hour” Cat! 3:30am on the dot..Temperatures are rising to your levels here, which is what happens in the
    northeast, as you well know. The incompetent maintenance crew finally fixed the air conditioning, so a much better
    night’s sleep is being had by all under my roof! How was your day?

• posted by Violinist
    on

Been up for a few hours and just now logged on. Morning Allie!

• posted by Violinist
    on

My day? Let’s see, dentist, walk, gym, pool. Tried a BSD dinner called Lamb Pot but used lamb neck, which was too gamey for me. I did the bolognese and zucchini noodles a couple days ago and that was delicious!!! Had it for lunches too! Pasta boy even liked it!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Today is grocery day and it will be the start of a second week without buying the “dinner wine”. The bourbon is all gone and will be encouraging hubby not to refill that also. Only alcohol left is the burgundy I used for some stews I make. 25 weeks to next doc appointment or 6 months. I am at 170 now so would not be disappointed with 5 pounds a month off. Joined diet doctor for more recipes and video inspiration

So you are finally warming up?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Pasta boy is funny, CAT! I would have to call my husband “cereal boy” as he refuses to give up his Cheerios! By and large,
    I usually refer to him as “the bearded one”, because I do find his beard atrocious, but KazzUK has an even better name, the “old
    buzzard”, which amuses him completely. Have a great day 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hey Allie, My husband tried a beard and I asked him to shave or fried pock marks in the morning where I have taken a scissors. hahahahaha

• posted by alliecat
    on

What is this preoccupation with facial hair when men’s hair begins to get thin?? My husband looks like a vagrant that could
    easily live under a bridge!

• posted by Violinist
    on

My hubby has a full thick head of snow white hair and a mustache. He is only 5’4”, tho, and wondered if the beard was supposed to make him look taller. hahahaha

• posted by Violinist
    on

that was supposed to be “ or find pockmarks where I have taken a scissors to”

Please log in or register to post a reply.