Greek yogurt?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kenna
    on

Does anyone eat Face or Quark on this diet? I wish there was a list of acceptable foods or suggestions in this book…. I know he listed don’t”s and recipes but I still feel kinda lost….

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Kenna, I think any Greek yoghurt is fine. Go for the full fat, so tasty and keeps you full. I don’t know where you live but I just buy a basic natural greek yoghurt from Tesco.

• posted by shalimar
    on

what about page 100-101?? The page called The M Plan : what to eat to control your weight and your blood sugar …. pretty much lists the DO Eats as well as what to avoid.

Just look up the calories, etc. (on the internet via Google etc., or a site like MyFatSecret).

Re Yogurt … the idea is just to use plain, full-fat yogurt … and add your own berries. This is because low fat varieties add extra sugars (carbs) to make up for the missing fat. Greek yogurt is nice because it is nice and thick … easy to add berries.

If Face or Quark has a full fat version without extra sugars … don’t see why it has to be greek style. Just check your calories per serving and see how it fits into the total calories you plan to eat for the day.

• posted by shalimar
    on

p.s. …. I have a calorie/fibre/fat/carb counter book … it’s thick! …. and that can’t even cover 1/2 the things i’ve tried to look up.

It is a chore to look up everything for calories, etc. …. but, in a way it’s a good thing because it keeps the program on your mind.

I’ve been creating index cards with all the foods i eat all the time … then i only have to look up new things. For recipes i look up all the ingredients … total them up … and divide by servings.

Its a lot of work especially in the beginning.

Check out the various forums here … there are many, many, different strategies that are being used. Everyone has their preferences on how to make the system work best for them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.