Great Blood Sugar Improvement

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pickle Dog
    on

So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 5 months ago and put on medication, metformin, to help with sugar levels. I prevaricated for a while and then took the bull by the horns and in four months of the BSD have now lost 4.5 stone but more importantly lowered my HPA1c average blood glucose level.
    My levels weren’t as high as some I have seen but I have gone from having a reading of 61 down to 33 in the four months of using this diet.
    I can’t say it has always been easy and that I haven’t had moments where I haven’t stuck to the diet, Birthday, watching rugby at Twickenham, but all the time I have managed to get back the weight I have gained from these slips and continue to lose. I still have more weight to lose but just wanted to tell my story in a small way to those who may feel discouraged or not sure of taking the next step.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well done Pickle Dog, you are like a lot of us and know that this diet works. Not just for losing weight but in keeping BG within normal or reasonable levels, depending where you start from. I have been doing the plan for 3 years and my weight is not too important even though I would like to be my 19 year old weight – probably wont happen, I know I can never go back to a carb heavy diet and mainly avoid white starchy carbs all the time. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Pickle Dog
    on

Thanks for the support sunshine-girl

Please log in or register to post a reply.