Fruit tea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mancunianpoodle
    on

Hi, am new to all this. Please could someone tell me if it’s ok to drink fruit teas on this diet?
    thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi mancunianpoodle – welcome to the forum and the BSD. If the fruit teas you are proposing to use are the tea bag variety and without added sugar, yes these will be fine, but avoid the fruit tea granules as these are pretty much neat sugar and therefore very high in carbs, which is what we need to avoid on the BSD.

Make good use of the forum, as it’s a great resource full of knowledgeable people at all stages in the process, some doing the BSD to reverse T2 diabetes and other ills and some of us just looking to lose weight – but let’s face it, that in and of itself is improving our health and well being. Don’t be afraid to join any thread you feel is relevant, you’ll be made welcome. There is a new four week challenge starting today, with the words April Fool in the title. Joining this will put you in the company of a great mix of people, some just starting out, some further along and some maintainers too. It will be a good source of information and encouragement.

Best of luck to you and do shout if you have any questions, as someone will offer a response for sure.

• posted by mancunianpoodle
    on

Hi Sunny,
    thanks for that. Yes, it’s the tea bag variety of fruit teas that I like so that’s good.
    Will take a look around the forums

thanks,

• posted by LiJuSt
    on

talking of fruit tea…is it o.k to drink hot water with a slice of lemon and orange floating in it?
    Linda.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yep, no problem with that either, Linda. I’m pretty certain there are others on the forum who drink hot water with a slice of lemon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.