First timer, vegetarian, and shift worker!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BerylM
    on

Hi all, I’m hoping to start the BSD tomorrow. Any tips for a veggie? Not many recipes in the book but a few posted on the site. I also work shifts so any tips for the night shift would be great. Anyone else done the first week or so with replacement meal shakes? I’m not type 2 or pre-diabetic but I do have underactive thyroid.
    Lovely to meet you all, off out to get supplies.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi BerylM,

Do you eat eggs? They’re a good food to eat on this diet – plus yoghurt, cheese and nuts. Planning your meals ahead helps a lot, and I imagine thayt will be even more important if you work shifts. When we’re tired we’re likely to go for the easiest option, and unless we have something ready, that’s likely to be carbs.

I have an underactive thyroid too – the diet hasn’t caused any problems there.

• posted by BerylM
    on

Hi, yes I eat eggs and all dairy stuff. I’ve made a list of some of the recipes from this site. I think I’m good to go, and good to know the thyroid issue is no issue ☺

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Beryl, lovely to meet you 🙂 Give us the chance and we’ll help you achieve your targets!
    For nights, I think I’d go for strongly flavoured frittata- super filling and very BSD friendly!
    Maggie

• posted by BerylM
    on

Hi MaggieBath, thank you I will give the frittata a go and report back. Night shifts are a curious beast.

• posted by BerylM
    on

Thank you. Off to have a browse now ☺

Please log in or register to post a reply.