First day and night and so much weeing!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by madamebadham
    on

Hi all, I started bsd yesterday and last night I was up 4 times to pee! Assume this is just normal and will stop eventually. I’ve honestly not peed that much since being pregnant! Feel good today, had sardines and lettuce for breakfast and planned meals for the day so hoping I stick to it as I landed at 807 Cal’s. Mostly I feel excited! I have 3 stone to lose and I’m 13st 2 now
    These forums are so useful to me although I fear I’ll get a little obsessed!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi madambadham, When we eat a carb high diet our body has to store fluid as part of the process of storing the carbs. – As soon as you drop the carbs your body can release that water. – Hence all the peeing, and the dramatic weight loss you will achieve in the early days / weeks of this way of eating.

One tip from that, as our kidneys release the stored water they also release electrolytes. – You may have heard of carb flu, its the side effects of being low on electrolytes, so its a good idea to increase your salt uptake especially in these early days to compensate for the electrolytes your body is flushing out.

Sadly the idea of the fat cells filling with water has turned out to be a myth. – Down the line you will have periods of weight staying static for some time and then a “whoosh” happens and you loose a few lbs in a day as you will be doing now with the water being released. A number of years ago a scientist was asked what causes the whoosh effect, and he speculated that the body may be using water to fill up fat cells until all the fat is used. Many people ran with that idea, and there are videos and podcasts all over the internet claiming that happens. But subsequent research has demonstrated it simply isn’t true, water isn’t put into fat cells in this way. – The whoosh effect is real, but there is no clear scientific reason for it.

• posted by madamebadham
    on

Thank you so much for replying! I will take a look now! I feel like I’m entering a new world! 😏😁

Please log in or register to post a reply.