Fell off the wagon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Debra46
    on

Hi all!

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I started the 8 week blood sugar diet. Today we attended a BBQ/Party for a friend and I gave in to foods I should not have eaten. I didn’t eat a lot but I know I went way over my 800 calories. Should I eat lees than 800 calories tomorrow to help undo what I did today? Will this stall my weight loss??

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Debra46 — you have just joined the biggest group on the BSD — the people who “blew it” for a day (or more)๐Ÿ˜œ — absolutely NOT a disaster. Start again tomorrow and just do the 800. I don’t recommend trying to eat even less — it will just make you sad, mad and frustrated. It shouldn’t be punishment. Just start up like you already know how. You’ve got this. You have already had 2 weeks of good time on target so you know what to do.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I agree just stick to 800 and you will quickly undo any damage you may have done.

The real damage comes in the ‘I’ve blown it I may as well eat a tub of ben and jerry’s, a toblerone, crisps and a pizza’ attitude lol.

Be kind to yourself, it’s just a blip.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Just shows that you are human ๐Ÿ˜Š start again tomorrow – just like i’m going to do. I had birthday celebrations over the weekend and enjoyed it immensely ๐Ÿ˜‡so back to it tomorrow. Try not to be so hard on yourself ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Debra46
    I was at a BBQ yesterday for lunch and although I didn’t have any ‘bad’ carbs etc, I certainly over ate and my total for the day was 1369 Cals….the highest I have had over the 7 weeks on the BSD!
    I had been stuck on 79.3, 79.4kg for over a week and I when I weighed this morning, I was 78.2!!! Go figure๐Ÿ˜€
    No need to start again as such, just get back on the wagon tomorrow and continue to make the right choices.
    This really works!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Debra46
    on

Thank you for the encouragement! Today I got back to it and felt good. I feel motocated! You guys are awesome, best of luck on your journey!

• posted by Patsy
    on

I keep faling off – and getting back on!

Although it might slow the process down a little, the odd slip or planned day off isn’t a disaster as long as we eat the right things most of the time.

Please log in or register to post a reply.