Epic Weight Loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by RachelKnapp
    on

Hi, I’m very new to this way of eating, I’ve been on the BSD 800 for 4 days now, just starting day 5 and I’ve lost 11lbs!! I know most of it is that initial flush of water weight but, wow!
    What I’m asking is when does the weight less slow down? I’m 310.8lbs now and want to lose 150lbs eventually.
    It’s going well though and I’m kind of enjoying it!

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi and welcome Rachelknapp,
    I lost a similar amount in the first 2 days. Since then I’ve been losing about a kg a week. Everyone is different though. Remember to take some body measurements too. Some weeks I’ve lost almost nothing but lost cm. this forum is very supportive and a great place to celebrate your success as well as find advice. There’s always someone who has had a similar experience.
    The weekly thread is a nice place to share things.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Rachel, and welcome! That is a fantastic result so soon, and so motivating! Rate of discard of course varies from person to person, and also depends on whether we go “off plan” or not – but in the latter event, there is so much support on here to just get back on track! Do take measurements as another way of assessing how your body changes – there have been inches seen off here with no corresponding movement on the scales. There are some particular “epic” personal stories – butterflies emerging having shed half – or more! – what they started at. All the best and good to hear you are enjoying it so far!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    You are right that our bodies store a lot of water when eating a high carb diet and going low carb allows the body to release the water causing a rapid rate of weight loss at the start.

Some newcomers go through a period of “keto flu” in the first couple of weeks. When the body is releasing water it also flushes out electrolytes which can cause you to go through a flu like experience for a few days. You may want to consider increasing your salt intake to balance your electrolytes. This can be as simple as having a pot of mineral rich salt ( like Maldon) and just dipping a wet finger into the pot and licking it a few times a day.

There is a popular thread were we discuss progress on a weekly basis and there is a longer term thread known as a road trip if you prefer to set yourself targets over a longer period. Both threads have a range of people from newcomers to people who have been maintaining their weight loss for years. Why not join us on one of those threads.

Please log in or register to post a reply.