Enormous Belly

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi All, I still have an enormous belly despite losing lots of weight. I have thin legs and arms and a beachball gut. It is very stubborn and of course suggests that I have plenty of visceral fat. Been reading up on how to lose it and thought I would share the suggestions I will take up. There are plenty more, lose weight is of course number one.

Here’s my list – reduce stress, take apple cider vinegar, take more areobic exercise, eat 30 percent of calories as protein, get better sleep, use coconut oil instead of other oils, have lactobillus ie natural yoghurt, drink green tea, try intermittent fasting.

I am going to be busy!

Hope you are all soldiering on well.

• posted by EC
    on

Hi bigeater
    sounds as if you may have nailed it on number one on your list
    People who are on cortisone (or have health issues creating high cortisol levels) often develop cushings syndrome…which presents as thin arms and legs and a rotund belly….stress increases cortisol and tends to make fat accumulate around the middle…and then, of course, exercise is SO good for reducing stress levels..
    don’t buy into the coconut oil hype (its not evil, but most of the proclaimed benefits are totally hype)…olive oil is still the best as its a mono-unsaturated fat!

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Hi Bigeater

I have significantly reduced my stomach by fasting overnight from 7pm to 1 or 2 pm next day-depends what is happening. In the morning I do HIT / go to a class -cardio or a long walk. I followed advice from Theodora on here who has been very successful. Your tummy will shrink as you continue on the BSD it is actually quite remarkable and exciting! I try on different clothes most mornings and it spurs me on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.