Dumplings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mercedes minx
    on

Hi I have just started the diet and was thinking of making chicken and lentil casserole this evening, does anyone know if I could make a couple of dumplings to go with this!! thanks, probably not but worth asking.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mercedes minx – welcome to the BSD and to the forum. It does take a while to settle into the new mind set and get to grips with all the dos and don’ts, but sorry dumplings are a big fat NO. And actually, you need to go easy on the lentils too, as they are very carby too. This is a low carb/high protein way of eating and includes good fats, so turns the flawed dictate of low fat/high carb on it’s head.

Try to get in the habit of looking at the carb content of the foods you choose and if you eat something like lentils which are high, hve a very small portion, but ALWAYS avoid anything made with flour or cereals. If you haven’t read the Fast 800 book I recommend you do so and also, make good use of the forum, as there is a massive seam of knowledge to be mined here. Shout out if you need any advice, support or encouragement and someone is sure to respond.

Best wishes to you and keep us posted on your progress.

on

Hi thanks for the advice, I was looking at the recipe in the 8 week blood sugar diet , and it advises lentils on the Mediterranean diet. I thought the dumplings would be out!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As I said, lentils, beans, pulses, chickpeas etc, all in moderation as they are high carb items.

on

Thanks Sunny, I will be careful with them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.