Does Januvia lower a lot blood sugars?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Eric Side
    on

Hello, I actually take Metformin and Januvia. I would like to know if Januvia lowers a lot blood sugars and how much in general.
    I exercice myself and eat well so I would like to ask to my physician if I can only have Metformin. My blood sugars are around 5.2 mmol per liter.

Thank you for your response.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As not being a medical person it is difficult to give you an answer. I think you have already given your own answer to this and that is to speak with your doctor. You have stopped using insulin with your doctors agreement and you have good control with the 2 drugs. This diet can cause your BG to go down quite quickly (assuming you are strictly adhering to the plan) so you will have to watch out for that. 5.2 is just about perfect and you would hope for that without the drugs. It is a good idea to stick with the meds and if you see you are dropping too low on a regular basis, you will need to speak to your doctor. You ask if you can come off the Januvia but it is a drug that acts in conjunction with the Metformin so, a) you might be able to stop or reduce it and keep on with the Metformin or b) stop just the Metformin and stick with the Januvia or c) stop both or d) keep both but reduce them. As you can see it is a complicated assessment and I think only your doctor can give you the right advice. Does he know you are on this diet and, is he in agreement, some are not. Make sure he is aware and that you have regular checks with him/her.

Please log in or register to post a reply.