Do most of you guess the calories ???

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by rbuckle
    on

Hi

I’m just wondering how many of you weigh and Count calories religiously or if some of you guestimate a lot ? Also do you find some days you eat more then others ?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi rbuckle everyday is different but I weigh /measure everything I consume and put it into MFP religiously. I find it helps me no end. A guess here and there can be very damaging. Yes I may still go over my calories and protein but not everyday and not intentionall, and other days I go under. My kitchen scales are on my prep counter at all times, I wipe them clean and start again. Very easy habit to get into. Honest and prepare next day lunches the night before and weigh ingredients so you are not tempted to guess with your snacks and lunch if you are at work and have no scales. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Guestimating doesn’t work. When you only have 800 calories, you have to calculate to the gram or you can be off by hundreds with trickle drop of olive oil. The recipes in the BSD are a prime example of that. Many of them are far off the mark in calorie count.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Some things like celery fat secret has figures for small, medium, large sticks. So I don’t bother weighing them. With some items the packets give you enough information to enter into fatsecret without having to weigh. But the rest of the time knowing weights to accurately enter items is important.

Please log in or register to post a reply.