Day 4 and feeling very light headed and very nauseous?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LoobyLou1976
    on

Hi all.

I am a 42 year old female looking to lose probably around 1.5 stones. I have no problems with my blood sugars as far as I know (although I do have PCOS which can cause problems with insulin resistance).
    I am on day 4 of the diet and yesterday felt a bit light headed, however today, I have been very wobbly and actually feel as if I could be sick. Has anyone else experienced nausea / faintness? I’m trying to make sure I am drinking enough so not sure its dehydration.
    Thanks
    Louise

• posted by JGwen
    on

I posted a link to an article a few weeks ago on the Take a look at this thread which explains why our bodies manage salts and hydration differently when on a carb rich diet to low carb diet. – And how the initial “carb flu” stage of the journey can be because you need to add salt to your diet. – You may find it helpful.

– There are lots of other links on that thread to different podcasts that make useful background reading as you continue on this journey.

• posted by Tightpants
    on

4 days in and I feel exactly the same. I have odd bursts if feeling great but this fatigue and hangover feelings is pretty rubbish. Eyes on the prize! I am going to try drinking a cup of miso in the morning instead of coffee and save the coffee for my afternoon energy slump maybe? Miso seems to help hugely with the headaches, I think the salt is the key. Keep up the water and power to you.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi tightpants ๐Ÿ™‚ Please be reassured many changes dont happen overnight but they dont necessarily take months either ๐Ÿ™‚ Just be gentle with yourself and nurture when you can . . .Imagine you are a baby being given a new food for the first tome . . . it takes a while to get used to the tastes and textures . . . plus consider we are now dealing with the (lack of) things which have literally been poising us ๐Ÿ™‚ Many have experienced “odd” things happening to them . . . and most concur it is withdrawals from the excess of carbs we have been ignoring or unaware of the effect they were having on our wellbeing ๐Ÿ™‚ The feelings of elation will arrive . . . the new energies will arrive . . .the achievements will come along and we ALL look forward to hearing from you as you discover your new self ๐Ÿ™‚ Persevere at doing the best you can and if you stumble or question . . . just holler ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack!

Please log in or register to post a reply.