Day 3 blip, how do you manage?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Hello!

I’m Jo and have just started the BSD – this is day two. I have already lost 2 stone trying to follow a similar theory but have been having rye bread, brown rice and far too much cheese. The loss was good when I started in May 2018 but now I’m struggling so I think this 8 week programme is just what I need to kick start more weight loss.

Possibly unrealistic; I am hoping to lose 1.5 to 2 stone over the next 8 weeks, my immediate obstacle is my partner’s Birthday tomorrow, perhaps I should have delayed starting but I got the book on Sunday and just had to get started, any delay may have dampened the flame. So I approach tomorrow having thought hard about damage limitation with food and drink and have planned a long walk and my meals for the next day so hopefully it will be but a blip! I’d be really interested to hear how you folks manage these kind of occasions.

Once I’ve lost 4 stone I will still have at least another 6 stone to go, I hope I get to know many of you on the forums and will do my best to be as encouraging to others as I will be grateful for support.

Best wishes
    Jo

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to the forum, Jo …. you have some impressive results already and I’m sure you will be reporting more soon. Think you were right to start straight away, as delaying for social events could mean there is never a good time to make a start and we have to learn to cope with such events for the future anyway.

Try to apply the BSD principles for social events and best to be more aware and cautious of the carbs than the calories, as this will help to limit damage. Think about what and how much you will drink and avoid sugary drinks like fruit juices. Don’t feel you have to claw back all the extra calories etc. the following day, as this could very punitive and derail you. Just be sure to get right back to the 800 the following day and make sure the carbs are low.

Finally, be sure to enjoy the birthday celebration and then get straight back on track. Joining one of the challenges – either weekly or four weekly – as these offer great support, being populated by people at various stages on their BSD journey, there is a wealth of knowledge to be had on these and you will receive a warm welcome for sure.

Best wishes to you ….

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Jo,
    Welcome,
    The others are right, there are always special events to think of, and this isn’t about a “diet” but kick starting a Way of Eating (WoE) that you are looking to follow for the rest of your life. – To work it has to work around our lives not just a short period, so we have to incorporate celebrations into that.
    The key is to stay low carb. – Maybe think of things that are a treat that are low carb and BSD friendly. – Or rather than celebrating with food perhaps celebrate by doing something special?
    Its funny, talking to a couple of old friends in the last week about meeting up they both jumped to a discussion about where to go to share a meal and were quite excited when they thought about the idea of sharing an experience rather than food.
    This is a friendly helpful place to start your journey. I have only lost 6.5 stone, but there are others on the forum who have lost more and stay around to pass on a helping hand to others. There are two regular forums, one that is weekly and a monthly zoom thread, where you will find a mixture of new and longer term forum members reporting on progress and exchanging ideas. Why not jump in to one of them.

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Thank you both very much, I now have a strategy for today and tomorrow. Your replies are really helpful and I’ll definitely check out those recurring posts.
    Best wishes
    Jo

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, welcome Jo! You’re in very good company here 🙂 I have a very special place
    in my heart for “ladies wit lots to lose”, because in june of 2016 I was very much that person.
    All things are possible with this way of life. Those of us who can commit to it are freed
    forever from the cycle of yoyo dieting. It’s altogether liberating!! I heartily agree with the
    suggestion to join one of the weekly or monthly challenges. We share our journeys, and
    also manage to have fun in the process. I lost 10stone8lbs in 10 months, and there is
    absolutely nothing unique or special about me 🙂 The real prize is keeping it off, and with
    the support of this community, it can be done. Just shout out if you have any questions
    or concerns..there is always someone out and about and we’ll be along shortly. Very
    best wishes to you for taking control of your life. We are very happy to have you here!!!
    Hope to see you on “I HAVE A PLAN Week 9” thread. Expect to receive a very warm welcome!

Allie

• posted by Jo Dedieter
    on

Wow, that’s brilliant Allie, I’ve definitely come to the right place. Thanks for your message, I’ll see you on the threads soon.
    Best wishes
    Jo

Please log in or register to post a reply.