Day 1 – Feeling excited and motivated!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LROK2208
    on

I hope this feeling lasts ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m 17st 9lb which is about a stone heavier than I thought I was (and what I was actually at the beginning of the year!) not sure how that happened but it’s stopping right now and I’m going to work my way to a much more acceptable weight. I haven’t felt this motivated in a long time. But I read the book and at last, I’m reading evidenced based stuff that fits in with what I’ve always believed. I’ve always heard vlcd’s are really bad, it’s good to hear that it’s ok! and when you have a lot to lose, it’s a great place to start. “Cutting down” has never really worked for me as we aren’t a hideously unhealthy household, but clearly something needs to give, so here I am about to completely change my ways! The spiraliser will be coming out more regularly, the nutribullet will get used more regularly, my lunches will have more thought put into them and I will try a little harder to reach the 10,000 steps goal each day, rather than wearing a wrist band for no apparent reason (as I have been doing since November)…. I have reactivated my Myfitnesspal and I’m good to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

Would love to hear people’s success stories, in fact, off to find a few now! Hope everyone is well.

Lisa xx

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi Lisa and welcome! You can do it ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m 4 weeks in and have lost 16lb so far. Most of the time I’m not hungry. I’m not craving chocolate. Amazeballs ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    2 stones down in 9 weeks
    Blood sugars in pre diabetic range now.
    Lost 5 inches from waist measurement
    You can do all of that and more.
    Go for it and let us know how you get on.

• posted by LROK2208
    on

Thanks Newlife and Bill! Great to hear, those are amazing results. I will keep you posted. My Dad and Brother are diabetic (T2) so would be great to show them what can be done! That and my Daughter, will keep me motivated I’m sure, along with hearing results like yours!

Hope you both have a great week ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Boombatty75
    on

Hi All,
    Today is my first day and I’m feeling good. I’ve drank lots of water and had some delicious meals with a total calorie count of 699!!!
    This is unusual for me as I usually eat lots of bread, crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks so it’s being achievement for me today.
    I’ve being reading some stories of amazing weight loss and it’s really spurred me on. Well done everyone x

• posted by Patsy
    on

Good luck, LROK.

• posted by Daria191
    on

Hi Lisa! Stick with it ! I am at the end of week 8 and have lost a stone and 6 pounds, I feel a lot better than I did 8 weeks ago. If you stick to it you see very quick results believe me – 4lbs for me in the first few days. I don’t feel like I am dieting – and I know dieting really doesn’t work at all. You need to change what you eat and that’s the brilliant thing as the food you can eat is good stuff! I keep waiting for the motivation to die off a bit but it doesn’t because I feel the difference all the time – fitter, more energy – my cheekbones have reappeared after years….. So go for it – and best wishes! Daria

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m in week three of my second round of BSD – but on day three if you count if from when I last binged on sugar and carbs (again)! So I’ve got the day three headaches and fatigue again after feeling good for a couple of days. Want chocolate. Want it now! I know I need to get through Cravings Valley to reach the Land of Wellness on the other side.

• posted by LROK2208
    on

Thanks everyone! There’s nothing I love reading more than other people doing great. Thank you all for the encouragement! I have always been in favour of low carb, and know that fat is not the enemy so this really suits with where my mind is at which is why I think I feel so motivated for the first time in ages! I’ve never counted calories while doing low carb, ever. So this is a little new to me but I need to see results fast otherwise I lose attention REALLY quick.

I have even been walking up the stairs to work! Never done that in this building before. I work in one of the highest buildings in London – luckily I’m only on the 7th floor lol! It was reading that MM worked on 7th floor of his London building that made me think I should be doing it too! I feel like my heart is going to punch its way out of my chest by the time I get to the 7th floor but am glad I’m finally doing a bit of activity!

I’m going to weigh myself on a Sunday morning and will let you all know how I do. I really hope I do as well as you all seem to be doing. So happy for you all ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.