Daily grams of protein & fat. HELP. 💚

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Donna 13
    on

I’ve got about 6 stone to loose, I’ve already lost 32lb over the last 10 weeks so I’m really pleased with how it’s going, but I’m really not sure how many grams of fat & protein I should be eating. I started on low fat then realised I need to be on full fat foods but now I’m finding it difficult to stay under 800 calories. I’m loving eggs, avocados, and oily fish but surely I can’t eat these every day, I’m finding I hardly have any calories left to eat any veggies. Any advice would be gratefully received. 💚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If you use green leafy veg then you can have almost unlimited quantities for very low calorie outlay. I typically used to aim for about 35-40g protein, 35-40g carb and the rest fat, but some advocate lower carbs. It depends on your individual circumstances. Protein has many different recommended amounts quoted depending on your level of exercise etc, but I usually use the 1g protein for 1kg weight (at ideal weight, if you want to be strict) rule of thumb and aim for 70g – 80g on a maintenance day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.