Confessions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

A few days ago, Alliecat kindly posted
    “Hello, Firefox, and welcome. Not much is revealed in your profile, and I’m sure that we’d all like to know a bit more about you. Is your objective controlling BGL or weight loss? A great many of us have had phenomenal success with both, and we’re always delighted to get to know new members. Best to you.”

Thank you, Allie.

I am mid-forties and child-free by choice. Life has been a rollercoaster ride so far! Chronic health issues currently cramping my style.

My life(style) mirrors that of my favourite aunt, who was diagnosed type 2 diabetes in her late fifties. With shades of my other aunt who was diagnosed with vascular dementia in her early seventies. So plenty of time to ‘clean up my act’ right?

Not at the rate I was changing from a pear-shape to an apple-shape. Several inflammatory conditions flaring up. I likely have early stage fatty liver, but am three and a half weeks into reversing that (no alcohol).

How do I know? I studied and worked in healthcare for decades!

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Having read and followed Michael Mosley’s ‘Clever Guts Diet’ previously, I recently bought the ‘Fast 800 Diet’ book and have just ordered the ‘Fast 800 Recipe Book’. The underlying principles of a balance and variety of nutrient-dense wholefoods and being physically active I am very familiar with from my ‘previous life’.

Objectives: Stop trashing my liver and pancreas, reduce systemic inflammation, resolve nutrient deficiencies, get back to a healthy size/ shape/ bodyfat. I cannot achieve any of this without targeting my blood glucose-insulin levels.

Currently: Reorganizing and transitioning my kitchen from ‘moderate carb wholefood diet’ to ‘lower carb Mediterranean diet’.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

reported craigstaten = advertising law firm

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, SG! We call this breed of attorney over here “ambulance chasers”….

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

In the UK too but I can think of a few other choice words

Please log in or register to post a reply.