Can anyone help please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

We are travelling in France down to Spain for two months. I have bought my favourite greek yoghurt with us but it is running out.
    Can anyone tell me please if there is a similar yoghurt in these countries and what is is called. Also can I get fresh thick cream?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Delice Greek yoghurt is the best, dont buy the Nestle, it is much thinner. You cannot get thick cream or whipping cream here but you can buy crème fraiche by the bucket load which is pretty much cream. I use it a lot in cooking, specially making scrambled eggs. If you want something similar to thick cream there is something in the cold section near the crème fraiche, cant remember what it is called but it comes in a purple and white tub. Hope that helps.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question sunshine-girl. We are just in Nevers overnight so will try and find a supermarket tomorrow as we need load of veg and salad again.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I shop in Leclerc, so dont know if other supermarkets have the Delice brand.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hi sunshine-girl. Thank you so much for the help in finding supplies in France. We only saw a Leclerc supermarket on our way back home but did find Lidl and Carrefour. Managed to find greek yoghurt everywhere we went in both countries. Did not starve 🙂 But its lovely to be back home and go shopping in Asda for my favourite yoghurt. We had a lovely time away and are planning to do something similar next year.

Please log in or register to post a reply.