BSD and cholesterol

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kelbel60s
    on

Hi there, I got my bloods back today and my lipid profile isn’t pretty. Will the BSD help sort this out if I follow it properly?

Help!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi kelbel60s, the short answer is yes. I was always high on cholesterol levels (around 5.3) but after following this plan I am now in the 3’s – so normal. It is hard to get your head around the higher fats but it is not a high fat diet, it is a good fat diet. So you should be cooking with either coconut (near research proves it increases HDL without causing problems to LDL) or rapeseed oil, use olive oil for salad dressings and eat plenty of avocados, nuts (especially walnuts), olives etc. You will not be eating loads of these things as they are high in calories but enough to make a difference. One big difference is you will be eating natural foods rather than the chemically changed ‘low fat’ substitutes. Oh, and eggs are okay too, not true they increase cholesterol.

• posted by kelbel60s
    on

Oh wow, that’s awesome. My cholesterol was extremely high and the Dr wanted to medicate me right away. Are you doing the 8wBSD or 5:2?

Please log in or register to post a reply.