Blood Sugar Diet….in French!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rachael30
    on

Hi, I am just starting this diet and need to talk to my doctor about it. However I live in France and my french is passable but not brilliant. Can anybody suggest anything I might be able to print off and show her to outline what this diet is about and what Im trying to do?! Is there a french version of the book?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello Rachel30 – At the top of the page you will find “Resources”. You will find material to present to medical
    professionals there. Good luck to you!

Allie

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Rachael30, I too live in France, where are you. I live about 20km from Bergerac in the South West. (Sorry but I cant include accents on my computer) Anyway, to explain to my doctor I said ‘je voudrais commence un regime surtout pour le diabete. C’est pour huit semaine est c’est assez severe. – are you going to tell her it is only 800 calories because she might freak out. If you are and you say ‘c’est basse calories mais c’est facile et tres efficace’. Obviously if she asks then it is ‘huit cent calories par jour’.

I then typed up 5 days of sample menus to show that I can actually eat plenty. Here is an example Jour 1 – Petit Dejeuner – 3 abricot poche et yaourt nature – Dejeuner – Thon et fromage a la crème servi avec baton des poivron rouge, carotte, concombre et celeri en branche. Diner – Poulet roti a la harissa avec epinard, haricot blanc, tomate – totale 770 calories.

You get the idea – then I wrote out what I can and cant eat on the plan –
    Je ne mange pas des feculents simple comme; pomme de terre, pates, riz, pate, cereals, sucre
    Je mange beaucoup des feculents complete comme; pois chiches, lentilles, celeri-ravi, choufleur, avoine, et fruits avec prudence.
    Je mange aussi, le beurre en place de margarine, les laitier entier (lait, fromage, lait) et des huiles d’olives et huile de colza.
    I printed off the instructions for doctors IN ENGLISH which I showed him – and the website address of diabetes.org.uk/research/research-round-up/research-spotlight-low-calorie-liquid-diet. Although I pointed out that I was not on the liquid but it would give him something to read. Website can be put through a translator. I emphasised the science behind it by giving him the name of Prof. Roy Taylor.

Obviously you put in your list what you eat – are you sure she doesn’t speak any English as most doctors are fairly well educated and spend time abroad doing part of their training. Anyway, good luck – if that is at all helpful.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Oh wow, you found that while I was typing away. So pleased it is available here.

• posted by Rachael30
    on

Wow, thank you so much for responding…and so quickly too! Much appreciated xxx

• posted by Rachael30
    on

Wow, thank you so much for responding…and so quickly too! Much appreciated xxx sunshine girl I live in La Chapelle Montbrandeix 87440, not a million miles away from you!

Please log in or register to post a reply.