Bloating

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chani
    on

Hi! I just wanted to say I am new to this way of life. I am on day four today and had a little blow out with the fruit sponge pudding. Otherwise I’ve been doing really well. The only thing I have noticed is that by the late afternoon/evening I am really bloated each day. Bloated to the point of almost painful (I look pregnant). Has anyone else had this issue?

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi there,
    It’s probably not much help to you, but I had just the opposite! My normal evening bloat vanished, and I only bloat now when I have a dose of carbs.
    I hope you can work out what’s causing yours. Possibly water? Are you drinking a lot more than before?
    Best wishes,
    P xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

If you’ve switched from processed carbs to healthy veges you could be eating a lot more fibre than your gut is used to? I’ve had episodes of (ahem) windyness that I think was due to this. If that is the case, your digestive system will soon adjust.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Keep drinking lots of water, the bloating will go away when your body gets used to the changes.

• posted by Chani
    on

Thanks for the responses! I found the first 3-4 days were the worst. I have noticed I think due to hunger I tend to start swallowing air. 🤔 I am drinking 2-3L of water every day as a standard and having an out door, relatively active job in the heat I often drink more. It seems to be settling somewhat now (day 5). Still bloating a bit, but not as bad.
    I am starting to notice other positive changes (more…ahem…regular) and flatter stomach during the day. I had serious carb cravings yesterday, but I avoided it all day (yay!). I am looking forward to more positi e changes and wish you all the best on your journeys too. 😁

• posted by Chani
    on

Oops! Today is day 6. 😜

Please log in or register to post a reply.