Binge

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mojo888
    on

Have not posted before but just looking for some reassurance. I started 12 days ago and lost about 7lbs in the first week then saw no progress after that. I weigh myself every morning which I find helps with motivation. Am keeping carbs low and trying to follow all the bsd advice. Have been loving it! But last night I found myself so hungry (I think it may be pms) and had an extra mini dinner then couldn’t stop! I had probably well over 2000 calories (some of that banana muffins – eek!) and half a bottle of wine and some dissarono! Feel awful this mor OMG but determined to carry on. Does anyone have any tips for PMS sugar cravings? I’ve read HTP5 can work? (Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place?!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi mojo888 – we have all done it but the important thing is to put it behind you and get STRAIGHT BACK, dont wait – it is Monday so good for a fresh start. As for the sugar craving, cannot help you as I dont particularly like sugar or sweet things but someone else might help. By the way, dont say I am lucky as I would kill my granny for a pork pie or sausage roll – lucky we cant get them in France and also lucky I dont have a granny.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’ve done similar on a couple of occasions. As Sunshine girl says, put it behind you and carry on with the diet. It’s just one day out of the whole rest of your life, so don’t feel bad about it, just try to learn from it.

One way to make it much harder to do this kind of thing is not to have bannana muffins etc in the house to start with. If your cupboards only contain low carb foods you might still eat some extra, but it’ll be less damaging. The longer you do this diet, the less you’ll suffer any cravings – I’ve been doing it since the start of the year and now find sweet, starchy stuff far less appealing than I use to.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Omg mojo888 — “if I had a penny for every time someone (including me) has done this…” — .there are very few people to whom this situation has not occurred! (Sorry tortured English)
    It happens. Squidge and Sunshine girl are giving the best advice, just start again today. Don’t let it slip away and develop into days or weeks of bad eating — I know our mind can go there because somehow the “slip up” means we’ve already blown it, so why not just keep blowing it.
    I read some research that this kind of black and white/good and bad/on or off/ mindset is apparently very common in overweight people. I had to come to grips with it myself and learn to tolerate good and not-so-good BSD days. The good news is you are still going to get there if you just keep starting again AND as time goes on, you are going to LEARN how to do it better and better!

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi MoJo, I do this pretty much every month, I always have a carb binge – happened for me last night, made me check my Calendar for Period dates and yep, I am approx 3-4 days pre period, so that is when these carb cravings hit for me. I don’t beat myself up, just get straight back on it, if you think about it over the course of a month/week, it really isn’t that bad. We fluctuate, but not letting it send you totally off piste for any length of time is the best thing. and I am telling myself that I need to learn to throw stuff in the fridge. I had a weekend of guests, way too much food left over, and I should have just chucked it rather than the temptation lying in wait!

Please log in or register to post a reply.