BBC

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Maryschoen
    on

How annoying. BBC “How to stay younger” on BBC1 at 9pm, talks about revolutionary new science to reduce type 2 diabetes. They follow somebody for 12 weeks on an 800 calorie diet and she did successfully reverse her diabetes. HOWEVER no mention that this low calorie diet should also be low carbohydrate. In fact no mention was made I’d the macro-nutrients. Why not?

• posted by WildlifeJacks
    on

Hi Maryschoen, Having watched the programme myself last night they mentioned how the type2 lady was following a cookbook. I would bet that at the end of the series this cookbook will be available for folks to buy. But yes I agree they didn’t mention a low carb approach was being followed. What a great programme however and last night too covered the HIT exercise approach, which Dr MM details in his Fast Exercise book.
    With more than 12 weeks left to the end of the year this programme has provided tons of motivation for us all to change our diets, exercise, learn new skills, practice mindfulness (or similar mediation to help deal with stress) and get a good nights sleep; so that we can all make a big difference to the health of our insides!
    I’m on this journey. Hope you are too.

• posted by Lizzle
    on

Agreed. And then they showed two Weetabix and a jacket potato. Not exactly low carb.

Please log in or register to post a reply.