Back again

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Avila
    on

I started off here 2 years ago, lost 2 st, came off high blood pressure meds, took up Parkruns and felt great physically, though still above BMI target. I was given new meds for my mental health in April2017 and weight gain is a side effect, i gained 3 and half stone.

My highest was december 2017 at 110kg, got it to 105kg and have lived at that all year. I kept promising myself I would redo this 8 wks but never quite motivated myself. I have a wide range of bloods reviewed annually and when they were done in Sept they were not great – liver function, cholesterol, and blood sugars in the prediabetic range. That has shocked me enough to finally motivate. My challenge is to reduce enough weight that by the time the appointment for the liver scan comes I will have less fat on it for them to find.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome back on board, Avila. I was around 2yrs ago, but forgive me, your name isn’t ringing bells – but no matter, you’re back and ready to make some healthy changes. Doing the Fast 800, you will be attending that appointment lighter and as it’s engineered to reduce visceral fat, your liver should be in better shape too.

There are always a monthly and weekly challenge thread running and you’d be very welcome on either. These are populated by folks at various stages on the BSD path, so there is lots of experience, knowledge, support and encouragement being shared on these threads. I’d strongly recommend joining one or both challenge threads, to help to keep you focused and accountable. However, which ever threads you decide to join, you will be welcomed and supported.

Best wishes to you for achieving your goals and look forward to seeing you out and about on the forum and reporting good results.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome back Avila, I do remember the name, although not much from your journey 2 years ago. As well as the challenge threads, consider posting and reading on the positive thoughts thread, and set yourself some ‘bitesize’ mini-goals so you can begin celebrating your transformation quickly. These could be scales or measurement related, but also could be something you find difficult at the moment and want to get so it is easier.

• posted by Avila
    on

Thanks Sunny D,
    I didn’t have lots to say but read lots from others. Over the past year I have been lurking in the facebook group about the diet – it suited me as a regular fb user and part of various conversation groups. But when i posted a version of what I said above I was given a lecture by the facebook group admin that can’t do the 8 wks again as only get one go or damage health. I am talking 2 years plus since followed it last time. So deleted the fb group and came back here

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh Avila – we have heard these stories about the facebook group before. Actually there is no problem at all with doing the 8wk 800 again and indeed people who have sought direct advice from DrMM’s people via this site, have been assured they can continue on the 800 beyond the 8wks. Many here have stayed with the 800 until they reached target and some like me, took breaks of varying lengths – sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months, but always sticking to the BSD principles – before returning to the 800 again to get to target. Be assured you can go ahead and start again and we will be here to support you.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks , that’s helpful to me as well, SunnyB.
    Been wondering what to do after my first round which ends in 2 weeks. I just replied to a very interesting and informative post by Krysia on another thread. I find it fascinating reading about everyone’ s experience and learning from you all.

All the best, Avila. you are in a good place here .

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Avila, they are so bossy on the FB group- say anything that isn’t totally on their interpretation of the message and Admin comes down like a ton of bricks!
    I’m a bit naughty for FB snooping and found one of the Admins had posted a pic of herself drinking a bottle of wine, as in drinking from the bottle! They’re very much do as I say, not as I do!
    Good luck with this round 😀
    Maggie

• posted by Avila
    on

The fb group has an offshoot ‘life after’ where people are all posting on strict fasting patterns and some fairly extreme behaviours. I have wondered in the past if they are verging on or encouraging orthorexia. Whilst telling me that I can’t repeat a diet plan I did 2 years ago, on the other page they are advocating more extreme forms of diet control.

On the plus side I signed up to a local gym – not high cost as small local business, and only committed to a month at a time, not a year locked in, so win win – support a local small business and cheaper and better for me than the big scary glossy places. Had induction today so know how the kit works.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi Avila,

Joining the gym sounds like a good move. Exercise does seem to help a lot with the weight loss and it’s helpful in other ways too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.