Back again!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bonita
    on

After having some blood tests done by my doctor i have decided to try this BSD once again. makes it slightly easier this time as i was still drinking alcohol last time – (i have now gone into recovery!) abused my body for years and it seems its really taken it toll. Have been told i’m on a warning on the road to diabetes if i do not overhaul my diet – so i thought it best to start my 8week BSD and stick to it this time! ANy advice would be really helpful! I’m on day 2 – drinking copious amounts of water and green tea – i’m trying to stay away from sugar in my coffee and any artificial sweeteners.. I was wondering if smint mints were ok to have along with chewing gum? I have such a sweet tooth – craving chocolate however i know that this is what i need to be staying away from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Bonita – firstly, huge well done on being in recovery and keeping alcohol at bay. That alone should have a huge positive impact, but adding in the BSD will be a great boost too. The first week is the biggest adjustment and if possible, I’d steer clear of sweet things as much as possible, as this is the quickest way of breaking the cravings for something sweet. However to sate the desire for something sweet, perhaps try a few raspberries or blueberries – add in a couple of tablespoons of full fat greek yogurt for a satisfying snack. To appease the need for chocolate, try Whittards Chocolate Chai or stir a teaspoon of raw cacao powder into some yogurt – chocolate hit without the sugar.

Hope you will stick with the BSD – if you can make it through the first 7 to 10 days, you’ll be well on the way to success.

• posted by MrsBear
    on

Hi Bonita – I’m back again too. Day 1 for me, doing OK so far but it’s got to early evening and it would normally be G&T time for me; my mum’s just popped the ice cubes into her glass. I’m going to pour myself a glass of fizzy water and a slice of lemon…yay! SunnyB is right about the sweet cravings, try not to cave. 🙂

• posted by Bonita
    on

Ahh this is great advice.. Thank you and well done on your first day! Day 2 going well. Hunger pangs are ever so slight. But I’m preserving.. yeah i went into recovery. I’m 110 days clean and sober. So needed to sort my health. Glad I’ve caught it at the right time. Yes I’ll stay away from anything sugary as I’ve heard the less you have it the less you crave it. Been having milk in my coffee but that’s about it. Other than that… I’m wanting to succeed with this on all levels. I’m not obese but could do with losing a stone or 2.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bonita – try a teaspoon of double cream in your coffee, it’s very satisfying and surprisingly is less carbs than milk, more calories per 100ml of course, but a teaspoonful is only 23.35cals so not a huge hit, but only 0.08g carbs.

• posted by Bonita
    on

Thank you! I’m actually not doing too badly. Day 3 kicked in – 800cls a day – just making sure i’ve drank about 3 litres of water, copious amounts of green tea! (about 5 cups) and taking the stairs instead of the lift! i work on the 5th floor, so its challenging! Hunger pangs dont seem to bother me as much! However its a tad of a gross subject but havent been to the loo, since i started! (ha sorry!) is that normal!?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

That is quite normal, as you are eating less, and in particular less indigestible rubbish 😀 If you like you can search the forum for ‘digestive transit issue’s’ and suggestions on how to fix them, but don’t worry about it if it just a few days between movements.

Please log in or register to post a reply.