Alpro soya yogurt

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I went out to buy full fat yogurt and saw this soya yogurt. Is it any good? Would like to try for a change but not sure if it’s permissible on the diet. Any thoughts?

• posted by Porkyatbest
    on

I’m not sure about soya yoghurt, but on the subject of yoghurt I’ve been buying fat-free, then adding the calories
    back in with a small amount of flax seeds or nuts. I thought it might give me more good stuff for my calories.

• posted by sap263
    on

Hi, fat free yoghurt has lots more sugar in it and the whole point of this diet is having less sugar

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Yes I agree with fat free having way more sugar. I’ll stick to normal full fat just wondered what the soya stuff is like

• posted by Porkyatbest
    on

It doesn’t have any added sugar. 4 grams of carbohydrate per 100g, which would be from the lactose in the milk. 10 grams of protein per 100. I guess on its own it would increase (slightly) the carb proportion of the meal, but then as I’m adding fat in the form of nuts or seeds I’m thinking that would re-balance it. I’ll have to look at a pot of the full-fat and see if it’s got less than 4% carbs.

• posted by auntylil
    on

Hi. This is interesting to me as I was born lactose intolerant and use goats milk mostly but have tried this soya milk and I didn’t get ill from it so may be it’s only cows milk with it’s lactose that is my trouble. For dishes needing yogurt with say mint the goats milk works well; to me the Alpro does taste sweeter. I need to look into this more closely, may be almond milk would be better and assuming rice milk would be too calorific.

Please log in or register to post a reply.