A tad discouraged

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nifer1922
    on

I am W2D2 and am feeling a little discouraged. I am staying at 800, counting carbs, drinking water, etc but haven’t discarded anything in about 5 days. I know sometimes people stall but it seems early on for that to happen. Thoughts?
    Jenny
    Pennsylvania/USA

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Jenny – I looked at your previous posts and just two days ago you sounded so upbeat – after a great week 1 discard of 4.5lbs and you also mentioned blood sugars and digestion improving. You also said that only 10 years ago you were battling a very serious illness. So be gentle on yourself! I am sure that with all the advice and support on here you will not stay discouraged for long!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jenny from Philly, I agree with sixturkeys. Two days ago you were sounding great…Weight loss isn’t linear, and
    most experience it in fits and starts. Food “in transit” can be the problem, as well as time of the month. Right
    about now your body is wondering what you are doing to it! Where are the carbs and sugar? It will settle down,
    and often other proccesses are at work, like losing inches without any reflection of this on the scale. Did you
    take any preliminary measurements? Some find this very helpful and encouraging. If you are keeping carbs low
    and hydration up, the whoosh effect will be happening soon, when you will suddenly lose several pounds over
    night. Don’t get discouraged, trust the process, and you will be seeing results very soon, I promise. If we knew
    where you have set your carbs limits, we can probably offer more specific suggestions. Be good to yourself..
    It WILL happen!

Allie
    i

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi nifer – just wanted to drop by and say the ‘six’turkeys and Allie are absolutely right in what they have said. It’s very common for stalls to happen, especially in the early days. Yes, it can be frustrating and disheartening, but be assured if you keep right on doing what you have been doing, it will come right.

Looking for the non-scales victories is important, so clothes getting a bit looser, sleeping better, feeling more energised, digestive system settling down, clearer skin …. they are not always obvious, but there’s bound to be one or two, if you give it some thought. Try to identify them and hold on to them as wins, to help get you through this ‘fallow’ period.

• posted by nifer1922
    on

I appreciate the feedback and think I was just having a bad day emotionally. Work has been crazy this week but I had several planned days off and am now off work till 2/19. ๐Ÿ˜. I came home from work today and checked my sugar levels before eating and it was down to a nearly normal level!! I needed that today! I haven’t seen that number in 5+ years.
    As far as my carbs go, I am averaging between 35 and 55 per day with no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.
    This forum chat is new for me, and I appreciate the conversation. ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

nifer? Bad days are always made better here ๐Ÿ™‚ No heavy hitter carbs is GREAT ๐Ÿ™‚ and obviously you were buoyed by the sugar level reduction! Well done!!! 35-55 is a good low for the day and maybe check if that can be trimmed a little more as the days progress. It has been my experience the less I have . . . the easier it is . . . and almost 8 months in Im sure Im mostly now below 20 – certainly most days . . . and 10 of them come from my three coffees ๐Ÿ™‚ Which I SO ENJOY the way I prepare them ๐Ÿ™‚ Stay with it . . . no judgements here so check back when you feel you can or want/need to ๐Ÿ™‚ . . . take care of you without food as a crutch, while being a little patient with your body while it adjusts to the new ways. After all its been doing what its been doing for many years thus far . . . 6 weeks isnt long to transition it to a new way ๐Ÿ™‚ 8 months on, and my HbA1c has dropped from 12.9 to 6.4. I couldnt be happier ๐Ÿ™‚ and that time has flown by . . . . Quack Quack!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Jenny, good to hear that yesterday was another day, and you were so encouraged by your sugar level results. I am very slow on the uptake, but have just worked out that “nifer” is the end of Jennifer? All the best.

• posted by nifer1922
    on

Yes nifer is the end of Jennifer, but most people call me Jenny. ๐Ÿ˜

Please log in or register to post a reply.