A New Start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stefan_
    on

Saturday 27 th ofOctober.
    I’m Stefan ,55 years old, 189 cm tall and this morning 103 kgs.
    I have been type 2 diabetic for 13 years and I usually eat very healthy but this year there’s been too much alcohol, eating too much sometimes and giving up smoking has been touch and go.
    I lost 11 kgs on this diet 2 years ago and never felt so good, but I’ve on put around 7 kgs now and that depresses me a bit.
    So now I’ll start this again, till Christmas and I’m going to try not to fool myself.
    And no more alcolhol and no more sigarettes.
    I decided to come on this forum as it is good to write things down , knowing people will read it.
    Today I will skip breakfast . Just drink coffee.
    Bloodsugar was 7.6 this morning.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome back Stefan – you know it works so jump straight in. Good luck.

• posted by stefan_
    on

Thanks very much !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on taking the decision to return to the BSD and I’m sure you will be seeing good results soon. Do join other threads on the forum, there are weekly and monthly challenge threads populated by folks at various stages on the BSD path, so there is lots of knowledge and support to be found on these. You’re sure to get a warm welcome on either.
    Best wishes for success again this time round.

• posted by Baziboo
    on

Hi Stefan,

I did this diet last year and lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks. i stuck to it but have now have a medical issue and I have piled on 14 pounds! So, like you i need to do it again. I’ve decided not to follow the recipe book this time as my partner is not keen, but i am going to eliminate sugar and count calories. I stopped drinking alcohol for 8 weeks, but the only thing that improved was my sleep! So I’ll keep with that and my running and gym sessions. I am 52 and that middle age spread is showing. Perhaps we should be diet buddies?

Good luck.

Baz

• posted by stefan_
    on

thank you very much !

• posted by stefan_
    on

Hi Baz !

Shame you put on that weight but I guess it’s not your fault.
    I’m trying to give up alcohol . And it’s not a big deal, but on a Friday, pr on a bad day with my Afib, it’s tempting.
    Problem is that I also want to smoke then, which I can be without on other days. I’ve smoked all my life but found I can easily give it up for months ,but when I’m on my own , on the computer, cup of coffee, feeling good, thjat’s usually when I crave a ciggie. But this is about doing the diet here ! 🙂 I cannot promise I will be on here all the time, but I’ll try and pop in ! Yes, let’s be diet buddies ! Why not !
    I’m now at 100.4 kgs, but scales can be funny things. I don’t follow recipies either. I just eat “sensibly”, no carbs. It’s the priciple that counts. Today has been good so far. But evenings are usually the most difficult. All teh best !

• posted by stefan_
    on

Hi Baz !

Shame you put on that weight but I guess it’s not your fault.
    I’m trying to give up alcohol . And it’s not a big deal, but on a Friday, or on a bad day with my Afib, it’s tempting.
    Problem is that I also want to smoke then, which I can be without on other days. I’ve smoked all my life but found I can easily give it up for months ,but when I’m on my own , on the computer, cup of coffee, feeling good, that’s usually when I crave a ciggie. But this is about doing the diet here ! 🙂 I cannot promise I will be on here all the time, but I’ll try and pop in ! Yes, let’s be diet buddies ! Why not !
    I’m now at 100.4 kgs, but scales can be funny things. I don’t follow recipies either. I just eat “sensibly”, no carbs. It’s the priciple that counts. Today has been good so far. But evenings are usually the most difficult. All the best !

Please log in or register to post a reply.