8 week 800 and exercise working a treat!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dryboy
    on

Hello!
    I am an unemployed 63 year old who was into cooking and drinking a little too much. As I was not working I took on the role of putting the food on the table for myself, my mrs, my daughter and her boyfriend. Everyone liked my cooking, always fresh – never processed, even though it was adding on a few pounds.
    After being 7.1 in a previous blood test, a month ago I was told my long term blood test, the HbA1c, scored me at 155, well into type 2 Diabetes. A bit of a shock but I said I didn’t want to go on yet more medication (I already take Statins because of high cholesterol, Lisinopril for high blood pressure and Tamsulosin for BHP), I’d sort this out myself, if possible, by making some lifestyle changes.
    I was in the middle of reading Michael’s ‘Fast exercise’ book which seemed a common sense approach to a gym-hater like me, backed up by proven research, so I looked at his 8-week blood sugar diet book.
    Bread was my first love followed by pasta, rice and potatoes – but not now!
    The 8-week recipe book is a knock-out – I just flicked a switch and said I don’t eat those things now – and the food I’m making is so good the whole family are loving it and dropping pounds into the bargain. Drinking lots more water and just not getting hungry.
    I also do the intermittent fasting from 8pm till the following lunchtime and Michael’s High-intensity workout exercises and I’ve never felt better – I’ve lost 9kg in 11 days so far and intend to lose 20kg by the end of the 8 weeks. That’s like walking around carrying 10 bags of sugar! No wonder I feel good and my blood pressure is down to 125/75!
    Thank you for producing your books Michael and motivating me into a healthier life.

• posted by zinny
    on

Well done to you! You sound so enthusiastic and your words made me feel encouraged too. I’m just coming up to week 4 I’ve lost 15 lb so far. I’m unexpectedly away from home and in a foreign country but I packed my scales !
    I’m swimming early every morning (just back) and being mindful of what I eat too, so even though I’m not following the book I’m eating a lot less than I would of been eating this time last year. I too have said goodbye to bread potatoes pasta and rice, and hello Greek unsweetened yogurt.
    I’ll be weighing in on Monday hoping to have stayed the same, back home on Friday when I can get back to the book.
    I wish you all the best and keep us posted on how things go!

• posted by dryboy
    on

Thanks for your comments Zinny.
    I hope you’re somewhere nice and warm, to be swimming every day.
    It must be harder when abroad because of those temptations you would only get when you’re there – I think I’d feel justified to have a couple of lapses!
    I must say yoghurt was a definite no-no for me but now I so look forward to Greek unsweetened yogurt with berries and nuts – I try to eat mindfully, taking my time, savouring every piece and it’s gorgeous.
    Good luck when you get home, I’m sure you’ll smash this diet and get the results you deserve.

Please log in or register to post a reply.