7 Days in and no weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AmyFu
    on

Hi all,
    I wonder if any of you have had a similar experience? I started the diet a week ago and after losing 5lbs in the first 2 days (most of which I put down to water weight) I have had none since.
    I’ve done this diet before and I lost 9lbs in the first week so I know what I should and shouldn’t be eating, but this time around it just doesn’t seem to be happening?

Any advice anyone?

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Amy and for what its worth . . . here’s my questions and take on the scenario.
    Firstly how long ago did you do the first round . . .?
    For how long . . .?
    Is age and stage a factor . . .?
    Have you been as stringent this time . . .?
    What reasons did you have for both changes to WoE . . .?
    Id venture to observe . . . maybe the original loss was indeed the result of the radical change to food intake. And whilst you havent continued (totally??) – . . . maybe there were some change you retained.
    Depending on how long ago and age . . . maybe they are factors.
    Maybe you have fallen into the trap of comparison, expectation and when there is a shortfall – disappointment and doubt.
    Maybe there isnt as much “excess” to dispose of this time around because it went last time. Maybe the fat burning started earlier last time and there isnt that element to lose initially this time around ๐Ÿ™‚ Just ideas but please dont stress . . . and consider this was deigned for – and is generally considered as a kickstarter to change our complete WoE forever ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope this helps.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, Amy, and welcome! Just to add a few more questions to WoodDuckies query, do you have
    any unrelated health conditions? How much weight are you planning to discard? Are you counting
    carbs and calories, or just depending on Claire Bailey’s recipes? And finally, are you drinking 2-3
    liters of water every day? With more info, we will figure this out together ๐Ÿ™‚ Help is on the way!

Allie

• posted by AmyFu
    on

Hi all!
    I did the first round pretty much exactly two years ago and did for 4 weeks as I wasn’t doing it for blood sugar reasons but I was becoming very carb dependent and putting on weight quickly because of it. I’m 22 and I actually think I’ve been much more disciplined this time. i.e. today I have had homemade quiche cups for brekky (eggs, cheese, spring onion and a tiny bit of bacon) and I calculated the nutrition from the recipe (195kcals). I followed this with homemade broccoli soup calculated at 124kcal and I’m going to have a homemade curry with cauliflower rice for dinner. I agree I think I have fallen into comparing as I’ve only gained 7lbs since coming off the diet and I probably don’t have as much to lose. But my BMI is still higher than it should and I felt like I was slipping back into old carb dependant habits. ๐Ÿ™‚

No health conditions that I’m aware of, I’d be very happy to lose a stone or just under! I’m actually using recipe nutrition calculations so this should be pretty accurate. I think my water intake could increase but I’d say I am definitely drinking 2. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you both so much for your quick replies it’s really really appreciated! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi there AmyFu! You are most welcome. Interestingly, I read you didnt do this WoE (last time) for blood sugar reasons . . . it was the carbs recognition which is VERY astute! Well done for that recognition. Im assuming the reason for returning is an aesthetic one . . . maybe to be a little more comfortable as well. May I suggest it not be returned to as a DIET . . . but continued as a WoE for life. It isnt something which can be used then out away to b dragged out when considered useful again. From my perspective that could be construed as yo yo. So maybe consider this being your forever WoE with special days and occasions easier to manage because you are already ALMOST at your (perceived) ideal weight and self. Well done for recognising “comparison”. To take a silly example to show how damaging and cruel “Comparisons/Comparing” can be . . . one wouldnt reasonably compare *how we walk at 70 to how we walked (in stilt heels) at 30, or how much we *ate at 20 (when working a manual job 12 hour day!!!) – to what we eat and need at 70 – (with totally different activities). There was an old joke tongue in cheek joke once about what we used to do all day now takes all day to do. It has us automatically going back . . . doubting the “now” . . . distracting us and even has the ability to – not only provide good memories, but also generate resentment – the natural next step is to beat up on ourselves for lacking what we USED to have do or be . . . rather than celebrating the WHO we are now, what we NOW have, what we are capable of at this stage of our lives.. Self-love has long been seen as a negative trait . . . in fact we need more of it . . . honest self-love not gloating or blowing ones trumpet . . . Thats not necessary! To secretly or inwardly love our selves enough to do the very best for our mind, body heart and soul while ever we have the opportunity to do so is our gift to us. After all . . . this lifetime isnt a dress rehearsal! Every second, every experience, opportunity, event is happening in its individual form for the first and last time ๐Ÿ™‚ Go for it with self-loving ๐Ÿ™‚ And please let us know how things are panning out as you go ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack Quack!! xx from Duckie

Please log in or register to post a reply.