6 days in and questions about exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lucemoose
    on

Hello everyone. I started on Monday and 6 days later I am 7lbs done! I am savagely sticking to the calories and trying to keep within 25 g carbs using the app Carbs & Cals which I find brilliant.
    However I have only done one big walk this week (the weather has been horrible) and I just wanted to find out how much exercise (and the type) everyone recommends so that I try and lose 5lbs a week. I enjoy walking once I start, it’s just the starting!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Congratulations, lucemoose! The fact that you are already counting calories and keeping
    to 25 g of carbs/ a day suggests that you are off to a great start ๐Ÿ™‚ I do have to caution
    you with respect to your goal of losing 5lbs. a week x 8wks =40lbs. This is very ambitious,
    and most of us manage about a stone a month, and are very grateful for that, and some
    slow losers take longer. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we all lose at different
    rates. I was quite disabled when I began a 10 month journey to lose 140+ lbs. I was
    unable to exercise at all until my last month, and doing so had no effect on the rate
    at which I lost. Exercise yields great health benefits, but didn’t effect my monthly losses
    in the least. I’m sure other maintainers will join me in sharing their experiences, however.
    I’m a passionate believer in this lifestyle, and have maintained a loss of 148lbs for over
    10 months. Use the forums often, and join any threads that resonate with you. You
    will be very welcome!!!
    Let us know of your progress, and best of luck to you. Welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie

• posted by lucemoose
    on

You’re right Allie – I think I am trying to be too ambitious. When you do the maths i guess a stone a month would be brilliant! However I did a fantastic 50 minute walk by the beach this morning having not eaten beforehand (only had a black coffee, and a cup of tea with a splash of milk). I came home to a fantastic breakfast though!

Thank you so much for your encouragement.
    Lucy

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a wonderful way to start the day, Lucy! Still a bit too brisk here in the USA ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.