4 weeks in…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindaEds
    on

Thought I’d pop in to say hi, and say how amazed I am with the BSD. I started 4 weeks ago to support a friend who was recently diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic (although I am not diabetic myself, but do have 8 stone to lose).
    I have spent hundreds of pounds trying to lose weight through diet clubs, and have never been able to stick to them and ended up heavier than ever.
    However, 4 weeks into the BSD, I have lost 17 pounds! The first week was hard – going cold turkey with a very sweet tooth is tough going! But food-wise I have never felt hungry, which has really surprised me. I’m loving trying out new recipes and am never bored with meal times.
    After the initial 8 weeks, I will be continuing on the 800 calories plan as it really seems to suit me.
    Reading the discussions on here is also a help and an inspiration!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi LindaEds, Lovely to hear from you. It is always good to hear new success stories. Congratulations and good luck with the next 4 weeks, and do feel free to join the party here!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi LindaEds – that’s a great start and you have every right to be proud of yourself. Many of us have kept on with the 800cals after the initial 8wks and doing that, will keep you losing and you’ll soon be waving good waving goodbye to those unwanted 8st. Be sure to make good use of the forum, as there is lots of wisdom and support to be had here and is certainly the reason I stayed the course, hit target weight and successfully maintained. Join any thread you feel has relevance to you and I’m confident you will receive a warm welcome. If there’s a particular topic concerning you, use the search box in the top right hand corner for find existing discussions.

Meanwhile, best wishes to you for continued success.

• posted by LindaEds
    on

Thanks caronl! Just getting to grips with how these forums work, but the inspiration is flowing strongly!

• posted by LindaEds
    on

Thanks SunnyB! I’m slowly getting used to the forums and how they work, and you’re right – they really do work and some of the stories on here as SO inspiring. Congratulations on hitting your target weight and maintaining. I just can’t believe how quickly the weight is coming off – it’s just melting away! I’m 5 weeks in and 20lbs lighter!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Linda. Glad to hear it! We have two threads which renew on a monthly and weekly basis – they have (respectively) zoomers and “I have a plan” in the title. You might like to look at those in particular, since they have a good mix of new and more experienced members. I hope your fifth week is going well!

• posted by LindaEds
    on

Hi caronl. Thanks for the heads up about the threads, I’ll delve into them this evening. Week 5 is going really well – I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning (official weigh day is Monday, but couldn’t resist!!) and have already lost 2.5lbs since Monday! So 22.5lbs in 5 weeks. Crazy!

• posted by FreshStart
    on

congrats LindaEds! this is inspiring. i’ve just started today so looking to see how others are going with the plan

Please log in or register to post a reply.