Super healthy and quick and yummy breakfast/bruch/lunch option with low carbs.
• 1 tsp oil
• 1 large egg
• 1 slice hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 slice low carb "bread", toasted
• 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
• salt & pepperOptional
• lemon or lime wedge
• half a handful of baby spinach
• 2-3 TBS chopped kimchi
• Chopped fresh cilantro
• .....* choose from several low carb/no carb bread replacement options on this forum site under recipes
Toast low carb bread and set aside on plate.
Heat an oven/broiler save skillet on stove top.
Add oil and cook egg (sunny side up or over easy).
Turn off heat under skillet.
Lift egg out of skillet and temporily set on plate.
Put toast in skillet (heat off).
Add spinach if using, add kimchi if using.
Top with sliced avocado...season with salt & pepper and a small squeeze of lemon or lime juice....or tiny drizzle of good vinegar.
Top with egg....add slice of cheese.
Put under broiler for 30 seconds.
Add chopped cilantro if using.
* note: you need a bit of acid with the avocado as it is bland without it. The kimchi adds some crunch/texture and some probiotics.