Countdown to slimdown…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Thanks Annadongela….it feels great.
    I think Frog is definitely right about food intolerances etc.
    I have very sensitive skin that over reacts to lots of things not only lotions & potions/antiperspirants , but bee stings, brushing against certain plants, offices with “nylony” type carpets, man made fibres ,nickel, elastic & elastane, latex and many things too numerous to mention. Along with that, eczema. It seemed to set off in early teenage years when I did my nurse training many years ago, I think by the horrendously strong scrub lotions .
    I am always careful to maintain my skin to its optimum health by a variety of methods but find on some days it just used to become red and itchy for no apparent reason. Sometimes the size of the patches would increase and become really angry looking.
    Since eating in the BSD way it has improved so much ! No flare ups. The patches are still visible but seem to be fading and flattening with time . The patches have become much less obvious and don’t cause me any irritation.
    I don’t really know exactly why this should happen…could be a number of inter -related dietary things. No wheat? massive reduction of lactose? no foods with artificial chemicals in? but I am really pleased whatever it is.
    I am delighted to have lost the weight and feel much better in myself…no longer “weary” all the time but to banish a lot of the horrid eczema problems is a really big bonus to me.
    Kind regards
    P

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Excellent! Added bonuses all round then. I’m doing this because I live off sweet things. I work from home so have permanent access to food…. which is almost all sweet. Since working from home I’ve developed a muffin top. Ive had an extra flabby belly for years with an overhang but now the fat has gone higher too and although I’ve never been tested, I’m bound to be prediabetic because of the junk I eat. I do eat decent evening meals but through the day I’m so bad. Chocolate is my thing and I live off it. I’m also going on holiday in September and when I booked it at the start of the year, I vowed I wasn’t going to be fat and suffer with the heat this year. I’m now 2 months away and probably haven’t shifted an ounce. If I can lose the suggested 14kgs in 2 months, that should put me to a size 12 and the thinest I’ve been in 23 years. I don’t doubt this will be hard, I don’t have a lot of willpower either but I need this to work, not just for my holidays but also for my health. So although I’ve turned my nose up at most of the recipes in the book I’m prepared to give them a go, and hoping my taste buds will adapt from the sickly sweet to a wider range of tastes. Tomorrow is D Day!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

The important thing is that you are here on the site Annadongela.
    There are loads of people of all ages, sizes, weights and at various points in their journey so there is always someone to throw in helpful ideas /suggestions to support you along the way.
    I think your target is absolutely achievable as long as you follow Michaels advice including drinking the huge amount of water and increasing your activity levels bit by bit.
    For me personally ( also a chocolate and cake monster) I knew that if I didn’t move temptation out of the way I would fail very quickly cos I have the breaking strain of a Kit-Kat!
    So for several weeks I sifted all the “white” foods and choc treats etc it felt a bit like a bereavement and I very uncomfortable and empty inside.
    The other thing you mentioned was not being keen on quite a few of the recipes. Me too. So what we did was sat and chose the ones we liked the look of most to cover seven days of breakfasts, lunches and dinners and then looked at the calendar to see what evenings or daytimes we would need quick meals or events that would trip us up. Did a shopping list split into first half and second half of the week to try and ensure we got the freshest foods each day. Once you get the hang of weighing and measuring things and balancing out daily carbs & calories etc you can put into the diet some of the things you like better than using ingredients you detest. Many folk on here don’t use the exact recipes and post helpful ones in the recipe section ….so I crib those too.
    Once you realise you are powerful and can do it….you’ll fly – a bit like learning to ride a bicycle for the first time without the stabilisers when you’re a kid .
    Wishing you all the best…get the helmet and knee pads on !!…….P

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Well…it is the first day of my week 8.
    Had a bit of a plateau and a strange week last week and my weight wiggled up and down with no clear reason, but, as many on here have recommended I stayed on course…had an extra spoon of coconut oil and didn’t despair. That paid off and at the last moment the scales shifted.
    So now at 12st, 5lb and a 1/4 (from 15 stone),five inches gone from my waist and two full dress sizes down.
    I am looking forward to the rest of the week and the positive difference I can make.
    I still don’t have a specific weight target as I feel I am still way too far off to think about that yet. Just want to be in the healthy BMI range.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

That’s fantastic P! TWO dress sizes and all those inches lost is such an achievement! I thought I was happy with just one dress size down!!

This is technically the start of the rest of my life today as I’m in week 9!!! Had a treat yesterday as we took the kids to London and ate in Chinatown, but I can honestly say I was glad to get back to sensible eating today.. All that rice and stodge.. Ugh! I did enjoy my first beer in 8 weeks tho ๐Ÿ˜‹

I’ve heard of people eating coconut oil before. What does it do? Suppress the appetite? I’ve started cooking with it but not felt the urge to eat it by itself!!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Thanks JaneyCD.
    Glad you enjoyed your beer treat.
    I am not sure about the coconut oil exactly lol….I just felt that not quite enough oil might be a contributing factor seeing as I had carefully weighed and measured all ingredients, drunk an oceanful of water and did a fair amount of walking. I love coconut and bounty bars so I thought ,what the heck, it has worked for others so why not give it a go. The taste and texture of the one I have is surprisingly light and melted easily (groovy/organic) so would definitely try it again.
    Good luck now you are in the over 8 week club.
    P

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Well ….what a numpty I am. I thought I had almost finished my first 8 weeks but when I looked at the calendar again properly I must have had a “Specsavers moment” last time. I counted the first day as week one , stupidly, so in fact now have another full week.
    Ah well. On a positive spin everything is still going in the right direction and am now down to 12st , 3lb, 0 . That means it is looking likely I will hit the 3 stone off mark by this time next week. Not counting my succulent full fat but skinless chickens, but do remain positive and hopeful.
    I did have to buy a few items of clothing that fit the shrinking size, this week, as all my other clothes were hanging like they belonged to someone else!
    I have chosen ones that can be pulled in with a drawstring as well as having belt loops and a lightweight jumper that is of a style that would not look too bad slightly large.
    The weather has been so dreadful and raining for the time I am seriously considering putting all the lightweight stuff away! Our local carnival was cancelled yesterday as the main activities field (after the procession ) was waterlogged and gazebos/stalls getting wrecked by the minute.
    Janey CD you made me laugh about the champers after abstaining for a chunk of time…half a glass of wine started doing that to me last week so abandoned it….I am the one at the party who laughs… a lot…loudly, about everything and nothing, before sinking into oblivion….so didn’t want to apologise the next day!
    Keep bashing away everyone….especially those struggling…..it will be worth it and this does work….just more slowly for some folk. We are all different bodily makes so I think it stands to reason that we will all have different journeys.
    Off visiting friends now. They have been warned in advance not to produce cheesecake, biccies or any other goodies at all.

on

THREE WHOLE STONE!!!! That is such a fantastic result! At times I wish I weighed, just so I could smugly report numbers like that! But my clothes testify to the success I suppose. There are 2 pairs of trousers in my wardrobe that I’ve NEVER been able to get into (second hand bargains) so those are my next goal. You’ve got the right idea with your clothes purchasing at the mo P.

Hangover is slowly receding thanks to a lovely omelette and some painkillers. I think I overlooked the multiple refilling of my glass last night because we were having fun playing a game. But this will be a lesson, believe me!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Well, I did it!
    Completed the first 8 weeks. Hooray! I am a pesky quarter of a pound off the round three stones. The last week was harder than expected loss wise – but a loss is a loss.
    I have lost a total of 6 inches off my waist and can actually see a waist emerging! lol
    On the whole I am well pleased. It wasn’t always easy and sometimes was hungry (and a few days a little despondent when the odd plateau came along). Life is so much better now.
    Not having to be squashed up against folk on train seats, looking at normal sized clothes, thighs not rubbing together and at least half a dozen other plusses including much improved health and fitness.
    Well done on the shorts Janey CD!!!
    Ready to start my next chapter tomorrow on a new thread in the “over the 8 week line” …. yee hoo!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Well done almost 3 stone is fantastic!

on

That’s amazing P! You’ve done fantastically well.. 3 stone!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    I’ve extolled the virtues of the BSD to one of my friends today.. She has taken my copy of the book home to read ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Will catch up with you on the installment.. Post 8 weeks!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Thanks Izzy & JaneyCD!!
    Onwards n downwards……..

Please log in or register to post a reply.