Lentils and chickpeas

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

Just read a snippet of the recipe book and it mentions “limiting” chickpeas and Lentils. Did I misread or misunderstand this? I LOVE both of them…

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, both chickpeas and lentils are quite high in carbs but can be considered good carbs as they are slow release. It depends what diet you are on, if you are diabetic and want to be very low carb these should be avoided or served in small quantities. If you are vegetarian then lentils are higher in protein than beans and chickpeas. I am diabetic so I eat such things rarely but they can still be a good substitute for things like potato or rice and pasta.

You didn’t say which cookbook, there are several, the BSD, the Fast800, Keto etc.

Just looked and you are posting on BSD so I assume you want to do low carb and low calorie. So yes, chickpeas and lentils should be avoided, at least early on in the plan.

Please log in or register to post a reply.