Is there any special homemade drink?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rishi Sharma
    on

how to make if you know.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The only homemade drink I have is the occasional shake. Made from a handful of spinach, a few mixed berries (raspberries and blueberries usually), 5 almonds, a teaspoon of seeds (depends on what I have in) pour in milk of your choice although almond milk is very high in carbs. I have started using coconut water (not milk), put in a blender and whizz. Makes a refreshing and healthy breakfast.

• posted by Rishi Sharma
    on

What an easiest way to make it at home. Thanks.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SG – did you actually mean that almond milk is high in carbs? The one I use is only 0.2g carbs per 100ml and the Alpro one is zero and both are only 13 calories per 100ml, they are both unsweetened options.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I just took a look at the almond milk in my fridge, too, Sunny. Very low carb! Maybe we are buying
    the unsweetened version, but perhaps it isn’t available everywhere?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I think the one I get here in France is high in sugars. Havent got any in at the moment but will take a look again when I shop on Thursday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You are right Allie, in Turkey they only have the sweetened version available, which is stupidly high in sugars and therefore carbs. I always buy unsweetened versions at home. As we’re always saying, one needs to get into the habit of reading nutritional panels.

Please log in or register to post a reply.